Wednesday 15 February 2017

PREVIEW | Ciate x Chloe Morello Beauty Haul

I finally got my hands on the Chloe Morello x Ciate London Beauty Haul, here are my thoughts...
I had been debating whether or not to purchase this for a while, when I heard Chloe announce on her snapchat that once it was gone it would be gone forever. Now I'm a bit of a sucker for limited edition makeup products, so obviously I just thought 'why not?' and bought it!
I'm so glad I did because all of the shades in the eyeshadow palette suit me down to a T - I reckon I'll use every single shade!




When I swatched all of the shades for this blog post, I noticed that each eyeshadow is really creamy and pigmented - the fact that they're creamy usually means that they're pretty blendable, so I'm excited to create a look using this palette.
Most people won't enjoy the fact that there are five beautiful purple shades, but this was the selling point for me because I a d o r e purple eyeshadows.
There are a lot of warm/brown shades, so you would definitely be getting your money's worth even if you only used those shades and avoided the purple/blue shades. However, I definitely know that I will use every colour that this palette has to offer.


I have quickly become obsessed with this mascara. I use it in conjunction with my Benefit Roller Lash mascara and the combination of these two gives me the most voluminous and long, black lashes ever! I mean who doesn't want that!?

The shade of this lipstick is p e r f e c t and it's of such a great consistency. It also lasts well on the lips and is a great mini size - also handy for travelling! I feel like this shade will suit a wide range of different skin tones and look different on everybody.

Shades Left to Right: Skinny Dip, Unconditional, On Fire, Queen Bee & Shine Bright

Skinny Dip - The perfect neutral brown crease/transition shade. Great for starting off any eye makeup look.

Unconditional - Slightly more warm in tone that Skinny Dip. Another great crease or transition shade with a slight orange undertone.

On Fire - A lovely medium chocolate brown shade, perfect for warming up the look to start creating a smokey eye.

Queen Bee - A more grey toned dark brown. This would be good for the outer third of your eye when creating a smokey eye, as it would deepen the look up perfectly.

Shine Bright - A gorgeous true gold shimmer. My absolute favourite shade to pair with all of the above matte's, to create a typical brown smokey eye. All five of these shades would work perfectly together.

Shades Left to Right: Vaycay, My Tribe, Be Sassy, Jet Setter & Happy

Vaycay - A more peachy/gold shimmer shade, that is slightly more subtle that Shine Bright. This would also make a great highlighting shade.

My Tribe - A cream matte. An alternative highlighting shade, or an all over lid shade when priming the eye for other eyeshadows to go over top.

Be Sassy - A lovely pale lilac shade that would be a great transition shade for creating a purple smokey eye.

Jet Setter - A medium true purple, to further define and deepen up the crease after using Be Sassy.

Happy - I l o o o v e this shade. It's sort of a grey/brown/silver shimmer - I can imagine this pulls slightly different shades when the light catches. Great for all over the lid when creating a bold eye look.

Shades Left to Right: Dainty, Fierce, Flirt, Day Dream & Own It

Dainty - This is a very light pale pink/rose gold shimmer - another great highlighting shade.

Fierce - A bright hot pink shimmer shade, with a very slight orange undertone. Not for the faint hearted! A small amount of this eyeshadow would look great in the crease, for a pop of colour.

Flirt - A more warm toned purple than Jet Setter, again great for creating a purple smokey eye.

Day Dream - A deep purple to further deepen up the outer third of your eye, when creating that purple smokey eye that I keep going on about!

Own It - A grey toned navy blue shade, with a slight purple undertone. This is a very unique shade and I've never used a blue eyeshadow before, but I'm excited to see how this could work on me!

Lipstick Swatch: Pin Up

Pin Up - A deep berry toned pink/red. I love it! It's more of a statement shade on my lips, just because I am super pale, but it's not at all over the top and I feel like you could wear this lip shade with almost all of the looks you would create using this palette.

I love that within this palette you have a mixture of matte's and shimmers, warm and cool tones and also different shades from brown, to purple, to blue! It's very versatile and you could create an endless amount of different makeup looks using this palette.
I'm obsessed with the packaging. It's super cute. This palette is also nice and lightweight, but it feels sturdy as well and not cheap at all!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Do you own the Chloe Morello x Ciate Beauty Haul?xoxo

♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter 
SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig