Sunday 8 January 2017

PREVIEW | Glossybox - December Edition



Admittedly, this post was supposed to be published back at the end of December (hence the Christmas-sy sequins), however I thought I'd lost my memory card with all of these photo's on and I was being a stubborn mule by refusing to take the photo's again, as I knew they just wouldn't be as good. 

I then had a brainwave and realised that I'd probably left my memory card in my computer at work, which I wouldn't be seeing again until January. So hopefully you can forgive this Christmas-sy post and just pretend that it's still December whilst you're reading this!

December edition's Glossybox was absolutely b e a u t i f u l - just look at that packaging!? I love the sleek white box with the gorgeous gold wreath design, it's just so Christmas-sy and perfect. I was already excited before I'd even opened the box to see the contents that awaited inside.


At first glance I was pretty impressed with what I received in the box. I took a quick look at all of the products inside and immediately knew that I would use every single one - which is unheard of with me.

I also recognised three out of the five different brands inside, which excited me a little more. There's just something about recognising a makeup brand that really gets us beauty bloggers going!

So, let's see what's inside:


I was very excited by this product because I'm yet to find a brow gel as good as the Benefit Gimme Brow that doesn't cost nearly as much. Now, let me tell you, this is the one guy's! I immediately tried this one out because I was desperate to find out if it was as good as the Gimme Brow - the verdict? It's better. This little gem is like super glue for your eyebrows, just obviously a lot more comfortable. It's described as being waterproof and transparent as well as weightless - it is all of those things and more. It's just perfect and you all need it in your life!

The best beauty box is one where you receive a highlighter - am I right? Highlighting is my favourite step of my makeup application and I never miss doing it. My highlighter collection is beginning to grow and I am very happy with that. I also love finding drugstore highlighter's that are just as good as high end one's, so I'm hoping that this palette lives up to it's high expectations. The only thing that I am worried about with this product is the shade, all of the colour's either look too pink or brown for me, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get on with that, but I will of course let you know.




Another great product to receive in a beauty box is a lipstick, especially one that's nude that you're actually going to wear. I'd never heard of this brand before so I was intrigued. I've since found out that MDMFlow is quite expensive, especially when you compare the price to expensive MAC lipsticks which are £15.50.. The swatch of this lipstick didn't disappoint as, as you can see, the shade is very pigmented and quite creamy and I'm excited to see how this applies on my lips and whether or not the shade suits me!

Oh look, another makeup product I'm obsessed with (I promise I'm not obsessed with every single makeup product on the market..). I have way too many eyeshadows/eyeshadow palettes for one person, but I just can't stop buying them. There aren't many shades that I don't wear (apart from the obvious brightly coloured ones of course), so I'm looking forward to trying this one out as I love green eyeshadows. The only thing I am a little worried about is the pigmentation and blend-ability of this eyeshadow, as the swatch didn't really do it for me as it applied to my hand a little patchy.

I also have way too many nail varnishes, but of course that collection is ever growing as well. I've never tried a nail varnish from Revlon before, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this one chips after only two days of wear just like all of my Barrym ones.. I recently tried a nail varnish by NailsInc. which lasted a week on my nails before chipping - so I'm hoping that this one is the same.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Do you receive monthly box's from Glossybox?xoxo

♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig