Monday 13 June 2016

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection | Preview and Swatches ♡




At 5:00pm on the dot, these beauties were in my basket being paid for. 

I kinda have a love/hate relationship with these 'YouTuber/Celebrity Limited Edition' stuff because I hate the feeling of maybe missing out and having to rush to beat everyone else in the queue, it's just not a comforting feeling.

However, finally being the proud owner of a couple of limited edition products makes me feel so excited. So that's my love/hate relationship explained for ya!

As soon as I heard Jaclyn Hill reveal her collection on snapchat, I was all over it like a mad woman. I mean just look how b e a u t i f u l these products are!

As you can see, I opted for both the face palette and the eyeshadow palette. I already own the Champagne Pop highlighter (which I am probably a little bit too obsessed with..) so I didn't really feel like I needed the 'creme' and 'liquid' versions of it.



This face palette is just stunning and the design of the packaging is so beautiful. I also love how this palette comes with a huge mirror inside which is super handy for on-the-go application.

I definitely feel like Jaclyn put her heart and soul into this palette - from the packaging, to the layout and design and also down to the shades of highlight and blush that are included. I wouldn't expect anything less from Jaclyn though as she never does anything half-heartedly, which is exactly why I trust every one of her recommendations and definitely all of her products.


Swatches L-R: Rosé Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse, Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop

The new highlight shade - Prosecco Pop - is a gorgeous warm gold with a yellow undertone, which, when mixed with Champagne Pop, creates the most gorgeous and slay-worthy highlight you have ever seen.

The other shades included in the palette are the ever famous Champagne Pop (soft white gold with peachy pink undertones), Luminous Blush in Rosé Spritz (soft peachy pink with pale gold shimmer), Mineral Blush in Amaretto (matte toasted almond) and Mineral Blush in Pamplemousse (matte warm coral pink).



The other product I briefly mentioned that I purchased was the eyeshadow palette. Now, we all know how obsessed I am with eyeshadow palette's so this purchase was a given really.

Again, the packaging is beautiful and really light weight. I think some people aren't liking how lightweight the packaging is and are saying that it feels 'cheap', but I disagree and I think the aim with this was that it's travel-friendly - which I really like.



The different shades within this palette are so pretty and quite unique - just like Jaclyn! It's not often you see an eyeshadow palette with this much versatility, especially with 5 shades! This definitely gets a massive thumbs up from me and I cannot wait to start using it.



Swatches L-R: Chardonnay, Champagne Toast, Cordial, Cognac, Bordeaux

The shades included in the palette are Chardonnay (sheer gold with flashes of pink and soft yellow), Champagne Toast (reflective peach with a dash of cinnamon), Cordial (matte rose with warm undertones), Cognac (flattering matte coffee), Bordeaux (rich matte wine with chocolate undertones).

I'm extremely excited to start using both of these palette's and I'm so lucky to have these limited edition beauties in my possession.

Congratulations to Jaclyn Hill for an awesome collaboration with Becca Cosmetics. This collection is absolutely stunning and I can't wait to see more from Jaclyn in the near future!


P.S. I now understand, from watching Jaclyn's snapchat story (jaclynrhill), that the eyeshadow palette is going to be eliminated from the collection due to over 50% of them having a dry and patchy formula. I cannot comment on this yet as I have only swatched the eyeshadows - mine seem fine, nice and creamy. However, I will have a review coming soon on both of these palettes once I have used them a lot and you will hear my verdict then!


♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Do you own anything from the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection?xoxo

♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter 
SHARE:

44 comments

  1. I don't own Youtuber Limited Editions but I always get so excited whenever one of my faves release a collection, haha. I've seen reviews of this collection, and it's been absolutely amazing. I hope you enjoy them, Char!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get way too excited! I can't wait to start playing around with them! Thank you so much :) xo

      Delete
  2. Wooooe how amazing! Jaclyn Hill is an amazing beauty guru and I'm dying to try out this amazing collection!!! Also, I would loveeee to try the super famous Champagne Pop highlighter
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really really is! I'm super proud of her (even though I don't know her personally). You should definitely check out the collection when it comes back into stock and you 100% need Champagne Pop in your life :) Have a great day!xo

      Delete
  3. I only picked up the highlighter palette, but I absolutely love it. I was so glad I didn't order Champagne Pop when it first came out ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only planning on purchasing the face palette and then I saw the eyeshadow palette and I was like 'oooh gimme *heart eye emoji*' haha! Yes, that was definitely a great decision because now you haven't doubled up!xo

      Delete
  4. I will be picking up highlight palette. unfortunately the eye shadow is going to be kicked out form the collection. the quality was not there they said... I just hope they will bring it back one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend you to :) I know.. It's such a shame and I feel extremely sorry for Jaclyn. I hope they can re-work the formula and bring it back out because it's a gorgeous palette. I haven't used mine yet but the swatches were really creamy and not patchy at all so hopefully I have an amazing one xo

      Delete
  5. Wow two amazing looking palettes!! I'd probably go for the highlighting palette out of the two. The swatches of all the look so stunning!!!xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look even more amazing in real life! I'm too excited to start using the highlighting palette :) Thank you!!xo

      Delete
  6. These look like such lovely palettes! I love the packaging too, it's so luxurious xxx

    Sam // What I Know Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so pretty aren't they!? I love the packaging as well - I definitely agree with you :) xo

      Delete
  7. Aaaah these look gorgeous! I hadn't been too fussed about them at first but after seeing some swatches I think I'm in love, Prosecco Pop looks stunning xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? Prosecco Pop is b e a u t i f u l!! You'll definitely have to pick the palette up when it comes back into stock in a couple of days!xo

      Delete
  8. I definitely want to try out the cheek palette but there's no way I can afford it right now. Looks absolutely stunning though! I can't believe I haven't even tried Champagne Pop yet. I'm a little behind with these things haha. I would've loved to get the eyeshadow palette as well but since it's no longer available I can't.

    www.saarasofia.com | Bloglovin’ 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only thing with limited edition beauty products, they always come out when none of us have enough money to get them! I had to put some money aside to be able to afford them! You definitely need to get your hands on Champagne Pop because it's so gorgeous!! I know, it's such a shame about the eyeshadow palette xo

      Delete
  9. You're so lucky you got your hands on these they both look gorgeous - definitely need the eyeshadow palette in my life!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally had the Sephora page open all day!! I'm surprised I managed to get my hands on these due to the high and popular demand haha! They're gorgeous and I can't wait to start using them :) xo

      Delete
  10. Oh man, I'd gotten my paws on the face palette, it looks beautiful! Such a shame about the eyeshadow palette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous and the packaging is super cute - I also love the massive mirror included, it's such an added bonus. I know, I feel really bad for Jaclyn because it's a gorgeous palette xo

      Delete
  11. Ooo those eyeshadow colours look so pretty - especially Champagne Toast! So disappointed it had to be discontinued x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove the look of Champagne Toast! I'm really disappointed that it's had to be discontinued and I really feel for Jaclyn as it must be so stressful for her xo

      Delete
  12. The face palette looks beyond gorgeous!

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more pretty in real life as well! So glad that I managed to get my hands on it :) xo

      Delete
  13. The face palette is made of dreams! I'm so sad I can't get my hands on it.

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? It comes out again tomorrow I think on Sephora.com - you could try and get it again then? :) xo

      Delete
  14. These look so beautiful! Im a bit on the fence too about these collabs but this one does seem to be worth the hype! Great review hun xx
    kate

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always trust that if Jaclyn Hill does a collab then it will be well worth my money, but most others I don't normally bother with as much! Thank you so much :) xo

      Delete
  15. The face palette is seriously calling my name! I didn't pick it up when it launched, but I kind of regret it. It looks amazing! I may pick it up during the restock! Love your review :)

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must get it when it re-launches today haha! It's such a great palette and something we've never seen before :) Thank you so much, I'm glad you loved it xo

      Delete
  16. I have the eyeshadow palette and I'm loving it!!


    JennyLovesBeauty♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's super pretty and so travel-friendly xo

      Delete
  17. This collection just looks so beyond perfect, I can't believe I still haven't got my hands on any Jaclyn hill products!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you must at least purchase Champagne Pop! It's the best highlighter ever! There's a re-launch today of the face palette if you fancied getting your hands on it :) Thank you so much for leaving me a comment xo

      Delete
  18. These are such pretty colours

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg those palettes are gorgeous! I love the packaging and the shades are just beautiful! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Everything about these palettes are gorgeous! I'm obsessed with the packaging as well xo

      Delete
  20. I saw these gorgeous palettes on Sephora's snapchat when they first released them and they just looked s o stunning. She seems to do such a good job! So I'm shocked and sad that her eyeshadow palette is discontinued as that was the one I was so interested in. Hopefully she will try again and I can make sure to get the next one. :)

    Kelsey | www.abalancingpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaclyn is amazing at what she does and she always gets it right! I'm really sad that it's had to be eliminated and it's such a shame that people are getting at her for it when she wasn't the one in the lab making them.. At least both her and Becca have been amazing about it and have listened to everyone's concerns and have got rid of it, rather than making a load of money from it - It's extremely lovely and honest and you don't see that often anymore. I hope it comes back with a new formula so that you're able to get your hands on it :) xo

      Delete
  21. These looks really pretty, it's a shame about all the recent drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super pretty! I know, it's such a shame and I can imagine both frustrating and disappointing for Jaclyn xo

      Delete
  22. I hope your eyeshadow palette turns out to be ok (it seems you got a good one from the swatches!) - I'm so disappointed by the whole thing :( I only ordered the face palette so really hope there are no quality issues there as it looks beautiful - the shades are exactly what I want!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it the other day and *touch wood* it seems to be a great one which I'm super pleased about! I know, it's really disappointing and I would have hated to have sent my eyeshadow palette back! The face palette is absolutely beautiful - you will love it! The quality of it is amazing :) xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig