Thursday 9 June 2016

5 Things They Don't Teach You When You're Young(er) ♡

I seriously can be such a boring nancy sometimes, but I wanted to share this post with you guys because I feel like we can all relate. Now I do already know that I sound like a bit of a nagging mum but I thought that it would be something fun to put together and share. I've managed to tone down the 'nagging mum' part slightly with these funny gifs (well I think they're relatively funny anyway..)


1. Saving for a house deposit - I wish someone had told me how incredibly difficult it is to save money for a house deposit.. I feel like no one really addresses it much but I wish I had started saving from when I was like 16 year's old because I probably would have at saved at least half by now. Your parents do try and warn you about it to be fair, but because it's your parents your like 'oh they're only saying that to scare me' (but they are totally right) and you ignore them like the sassy kid that you are, obvs. So instead of teaching us algebra at school (which I weirdly loved) teach us life lessons like saving for a house.



2. How to spend money - (please bare with me whilst I sound like a total Grandma.. I've warned you..) I feel like we don't really have an understanding of how to effectively use and distribute our money. Most of us blow it all on clothes, makeup, food and alcohol and then have nothing left to show for it - mainly because we're having fun but also because we never get taught that 'once it's gone, it's gone' and if we spend it all in one go as soon as we get paid then we're basically buggered because 'money doesn't grow on trees kids'.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should be told how and when to spend our money, but if we had a little understanding then at least we'd be aware and that may make us a little more mindful.



3. How to save money - Following on from my first and second point, we also don't get taught the importance of saving money. Again, my mum always told me to save as much as I can 'just in case' and I never listened to her - well yeah, now I bloody wish I had! Saving money really is quite important because there are a number of things that can pop up and take you by surprise that you'll need to pay for. A few examples: A spontaneous holiday with a friend, your car unexpectedly breaking down, various family and friends' birthday and also christmas presents, an unexpected payout regarding your health, etc. There are many things that we should save money for you, yet we never do. So this is my little 'point-the-finger-and-tell-you-what-to-do' moment, SAVE MONEY KIDS.



4. Ignore those mean girls - I hate how people can sometimes be so mean that it puts us off of doing the things that we love. Whether that be YouTube or Blogging, singing or dancing or simply just wanting to get those amazing grades that we're capable of getting at school. I look back now and wish that I had someone telling me that they go away once you leave school and you never hear from them again! I probably would have started my blog and YouTube a lot sooner if this had been the case as I wouldn't have been scared to share my posts or videos and I know there are a lot of us out there who all feel the same.



5. First impressions are everything - This one I'm hoping is a little more self explanatory and is definitely very important. One of the first things we remember about a person is what they were like/what they looked like when we first met them. I've always gone out of my way to make an effort with what I look like and also how I come across as a person, as there's nothing worse than someone thinking you're not very nice or also thinking that you don't take care of yourself.

I've just been having these conversations with myself recently (I promise, I'm not weird at all..) all about what I would differently if given the chance, and these are just a few of the things that cropped up.

Obviously, these are just my own personal opinions and not everyone will feel the same way that I do and that's ok! 


♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

What is one thing you wish you were taught when you were younger?xoxo

♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter 
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Yhis is such an amazingpost full of amazing tips!!! I couldn't agree more with you!
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I was a little nervous posting it because it's quite opinionated but I'm really pleased you loved it and agree! Have a lovely day xo

      Delete
  2. I love this! Everything you said about money relates to my life !! :) xx
    www.alittlebitoftomi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, me too.. If only it grew on trees haha!!xo

      Delete
  3. I agree with all of these points!! I wish school's actually taught you life lessons, instead of pointless crap we don't even end up using. Would have made things a hell lot easier xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I do as well, it seems much more important to teach us stuff like this xo

      Delete
  4. I really enjoy reading all of these and totally agree. It would have been nice in school to teach you life lessons instead.

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm glad you also agree! I agree with you as well :) xo

      Delete
  5. Great post, this was such an interesting read. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really glad you found it interesting :) xo

      Delete
  6. Those are good points. I feel like they are all lessons you learn as you get older unless you have a nagging parent (they mean well!) who tries to warn you!

    JennyLovesBeauty♥


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes definitely, my mum tried to warn me a couple of times about a few of things and then gave up cos I wasn't listening haha! But I feel like if points like these were programmed into us at school and at home then we may have been more inclined to listen (maybe) xo

      Delete
  7. These are my absolute favourite types of posts. Honest & personal, with relatable gifs ;) yass, brilliant. Thanks for this, I completely needed to read this :')

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved it! I think I may start posting more honest and personal posts on my blog :) I loved trying the gif's out cos they made me laugh!! You're welcome - thank you for reading and commenting xo

      Delete
  8. Hi Charlotte, I'm glad I accidentally found your blog and it is honestly so relatable! These are my favourite posts - honest and some advice I could definitely consider. Keep up with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Milly! Thank you so much!! I'm really glad you have found my blog and enjoyed this post :) Thank you for your kind comment xo

      Delete
  9. This is so so true. I'm not 23 and barely have an eighth of a house deposit! We definitely should have been taught all of these in school! x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! It's actually near impossible to save for a house deposit unless you're on pretty decent money and hardly any of us are at this age! Thanks for reading and commenting xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig