Friday 20 May 2016

My 21st Birthday | Outfit, Hair & Makeup ♡

             
As there obviously is not enough mention on my blog already involving my 21st birthday, I thought I'd add some more in case you know, you haven't heard enough already.

I thought I'd share some girly bits and bobs today where I'm talking all things hair, beauty and fashion.

I got my hair done by my hairdresser (who works wonders by the way) and I was aiming for something girly yet sophisticated. I knew that I wanted plaits incorporated somehow and I also didn't want all of my hair down because I do that all the time and I wanted to look a little bit different for my party.
It's safe to say that I was pretty bloomin' impressed with how my hair turned out and I was so thrilled. I love the curls and I honestly felt like I had princess hair.

Next up, it was time to make the face look just as good as the hair because it was not looking fabulous that day and I seriously needed to do something about that..

I ended up creating this sort of 'natural', flawless, smokey look which I was so so pleased with! I think I will do a separate post where I link everything that I used and also create a sort of step-by-step guide on how I created this look.. Let me know if that's something that you guys would like to see?!


Lastly, is the outfit! I was so excited to wear this beautiful dress from Asos (mainly because I love anything that's sparkly!) and it definitely did not disappoint. I'm so glad I found 'the perfect dress' because I was looking for so long and I wanted something that was girly and fun that didn't make me look young. I also wanted to look in the mirror and go 'wow' at my outfit, which is exactly what I did - this dress is just p e r f e c t.

The shoes I'm wearing are also from Asos and they're a lovely nude colour (apologies that you can't really see in the photo but if you click on the link then you'll be able to see). I made sure that the heels weren't too big because I think this style and height of heel made the look much more elegant and I could actually walk in them, which is always a bonus.

I had an amazing party and I have lots of great photo's and memories from the day/evening. I still can't believe I'm 21 and if I'm completely honest, I don't feel any different haha..

Let's hope being 21 is amazing as everyone says it is :)

Would you like me to put a makeup post together?xoxo
♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter 
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Aw you look so lovely!! I love your hair. Such a cute hairstyle xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!! I was really pleased with how my hair turned out - I wish I could re-create it myself but I'm so bad at doing hair haha!xo

      Delete
  2. you looks so gorgeous! and that dress is stunning! happy birthday (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm obsessed with this dress and I just want to wear it everywhere haha xo

      Delete
  3. you look incredible, love the full look and your dress is just stunning! Hope you had an amazing birthday lovely, and now following you - love your blog :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! That's so kind of you to say :) I had such an amazing birthday! Thank you for following my blog and I'm glad you love it xo

      Delete
  4. This is such an amazing outfit to celebrate such a special date!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you've had a great weekend xo

      Delete
  5. love this - you look gorgeous! x

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit, so cute for such a special occasion like turning twenty-fun :)

    http://whatdanikadoes.com/wp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope I can wear it to another occasion soon because I love it so much xo

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous.. hope you had a great time! I think your blog is lovely also, let me know if you want to follow each other! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did!! I wish I could have that day all over again :) Thank you so much xo

      Delete
  8. beautiful dress, i also love your make up! x

    Becky | BCKY.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig