Friday 18 March 2016

Eyeshadow Review | Soap & Glory 'Lid Stuff' Palette ♡


Don't you just love it when you love a drugstore eyeshadow palette that is super affordable!? I know I do. Today I will be talking about the Soap & Glory .... eyeshadow palette and, FYI, I absolutely love it.

Firstly, it's small enough to take away with you that it won't get in the way.

Secondly, all of the shades are pretty versatile and pigmented.


As you can see, there is a lovely creamy/white shade, a pink toned brown, medium brown and a taupe-y shimmery brown.

I feel like all of these shades match perfectly together and they all have pretty decent colour pay-off. Although, I would say that the last shimmery shade isn't all that pigmented or shimmery so I would definitely suggest spritzing your eyeshadow brush with a little bit of fix+ by MAC just so the colour is more noticeable.

Or you could maybe even apply this shade using your finger as an eyeshadow brush doesn't pick up half as much pigment as my finger did (as you can see by the swatch below).


Vanilla (creamy/white matte) - Perfect for an all over lid shade or to highlight the brow bone.
Pink T (pink toned brown matte) - Great as a first transition shade in the crease before applying the medium brown
Mudhoney (brown matte) - Again, great as a transition shade over the top of Pink T to deepen it. This would also work well for deepening up the outer third of the eye.
Aubersheen (taupe-y/brown shimmer) - A lovely shade for a subtle smokey look if applied all over the lid.

I really love this palette and I especially love the price - £10! For a drugstore brand, this palette is pretty impressive and I love that they haven't included one of those horrible cheap sponge eyeshadow applicators because they really are a waste of time.

I also love the simplicity of the packaging and I definitely think this would be a great palette for someone who is just starting to play around with eyeshadows as they're pigmented, but not over pigmented and they're also very blendable.


Have you tried this 'Lid Stuff' palette by Soap & Glory?xoxo

♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter ♡


(Unfortunately, I don't think Soap & Glory sell this palette anymore which is really annoying.. I can't see it on the Boots website but maybe if you went in store you may be able to find it? :))
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I like the look of those colours, shame it's not on the website, I'll have to have a look at the display next time I'm in a Boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really lovely! I know! I really hope that they haven't got rid of it.. xo

      Delete
  2. This quad looks nice. Soap & glory have really stepped up their makeup line lately x

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty! I haven't tried much by Soap & Glory but this palette has really impressed me so I will definitely look at more stuff that they sell xo

      Delete
  3. I'm such a sucker for any neutral palette and this one is gorgeous! The perfect mixture of matte and shimmery. xo

    Kelsey | www.abalancingpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm such a neutral girl haha! I definitely agree and all of the shades really do compliment each other well xo

      Delete
  4. This palette looks so nice! The size does seem perfect for travel, and I was surprised at how pigmented the swatches were. Would love to see some looks from this quad! (:

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The size is so perfect for travel - that's definitely what attracted me to this palette! They're pretty pigmented for a drugstore eyeshadow palette which is always impressive! I will definitely show some looks on my YouTube channel so keep an eye out for them as I'll also do a blogpost :) xo

      Delete
  5. This palette seems perfect, its compact and the shades look beautiful. I'm definitely going to pick this up next time I'm in boots! xx

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades are super pretty!! Hopefully it's still in there - you will love it and not regret buying it :) xo

      Delete
  6. This post has reminded me what a fab little palette this is - I need to start using it more :) so travel-friendly and perfect for an everyday eye look xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great! Although I feel a bit bad writing about this palette because I'm really unsure if Soap & Glory sell it anymore!? I can't see it on the Boots website which is a little disappointing.. It's definitely so perfect for travel and a natural look :) xo

      Delete
  7. This looks like such a gorgeous little palette and even better that its so affordable - I feel I'd get use out of every shade, think I might pick this up!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is and the price makes it even more attractive! I use every single shade :) I hope you love it!xo

      Delete
  8. Looks great!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks lovely, I've always wanted to pick it up but never have! xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great little palette! You definitely should the next time you're in a Boots store :) xo

      Delete
  10. Such great pigmentation and a lovely set of shadows! It's a shame they no longer sell this!!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really lovely! I know!! I am gutted! I'm definitely going to have to go into Boots and double check that they actually don't sell it anymore xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig