Tuesday 12 January 2016

Makeup Tag | 2016 ♡

*IMAGE TAKEN FROM GOOGLE*
Thank you Madalena for tagging me in this great makeup tag! I don't normally do tag type posts on my blog but I thought this one was quite fun and interesting because a) it's all about makeup and b) it's a fun way to get to know me a little! I hope you all enjoy this post and I tag anyone who wants to do it!

1. How do you feel more powerful - with nude makeup or vibrant makeup?
If I'm totally honest, makeup doesn't make me feel 'powerful' as such - it just simply makes me feel a little better about myself. I love wearing both nude and vibrant makeup. Nude makeup is great for everyday wear and makes you feel a little special. Vibrant makeup is always great for a night out or a party and tends to make me feel just that little bit more 'sparkly'. So it depends on my mood.

2. Are you a makeup addict?
I am 100% obsessed with all things makeup and I love collecting it, however I don't wear makeup every single day. To be honest, I don't wear it that much at all! Which sounds silly as I have a beauty blog and would love to become a makeup artist.. But sometimes it isn't necessarily about wanting to wear it 24/7 to be an addict or obsessed. If I didn't work in an office full time then I think that I would definitely wear makeup a lot more than I already do.

3. How often do you use makeup?
I don't wear makeup on a daily basis. I normally wear makeup if I am attending an event, going to a party or going out with either my boyfriend or friends shopping or for a meal.

4. Do you think that makeup can be restricted to some ages?
I personally feel that makeup should be worn by people of the age 16 and above. Just because it can sometimes give off the wrong impression to the wrong type's of people and it can give younger children unnecessary attention. It's also a way of enhancing your features and it's quite sad that children nowadays want to change their faces at such a young age. I didn't properly start wearing makeup until I was about 17/18 because there can be harsh chemicals in makeup that are not suitable for younger skin. However, it is of course each to their own and my opinion is not a fact.

5. Recommend a drugstore brand and a high end brand that are totally worth the hype?
Drugstore brand - NYX is great and the majority of their products are very pigmented. I also love L'oreal as their mascara's are amazing. High end brand - M.A.C lipstick's are my all time fave and I'm beginning to fall in love with Too Faced. 

6. What's your favourite lipstick at the moment?
The lipstick that I wear the most at the moment is called 'Twig' and it's by M.A.C. It's a gorgeous deep berry toned brown nude which is a shade slightly darker than my natural lip colour. They also smell amazing.

7. What makeup item do you splurge on?
It's definitely great to have a good base to start off with, so foundation is always one to spend a little extra money on. I own the Nars Sheer Glow foundation and I can't see myself using another foundation for a long time. 

8. Tell us what you don't like to see on you but that you like to see on other people?
I personally think that winged eyeliner doesn't suit me at all because I have annoying hooded eyes, but I love seeing other people wear winged eyeliner. I also don't wear bright fuchsia lips but when I see other people wearing it, it always looks great.

9. In your makeup collection, which is the most common brand?
That would have to be either Benefit, M.A.C or L'oreal/Rimmel. I love all of these brands but I definitely own lots of makeup from all different cosmetic brands.

10. Name some other bloggers to join in on this tag?
I nominate anyone who would like to complete this tag! It's a great way to get to know a little bit more about the people you follow and it's really fun.


Answer one of these questions in the comments below if you don't fancy completing the tag yourself? I'd love to know something beauty related about you guys following on from these questions xoxo
♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter ♡
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I was great to read a little bit about you (: Thank you sooo much for joining the this tag
    Have a great day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're welcome - I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! Thank you for tagging me :) xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig